Thursday, October 15, 2009

Grass,Sky, Song nominated for GG and Sask. Book Awards


Right about now I'm feeling very grateful and more than a little abashed at the nominations this book is getting. A couple weeks ago it was the Writers' Trust Non-fiction Prize shortlist and just yesterday the phone rang and it was Phyllis, my editor (who is terrfic and who I am still having a hard time believing I can call "my" editor).

"Congratulations again!" she said. (I knew it was the morning of the Governor General's Award shortlisting but was trying hard to not think about it.)

"No," I said.

"Yep, we just got back from the press conference."

I had to check the Canada Council website press release for sure just to be certain there wasn't some mistake.

After lunch, here in Regina, the Saskatchewan Book Awards announced their nominations placing Grass, Sky, Song onto three shortlists: Non-fiction, Regina, and Book of the Year.

Here is an article that appeared on the front page of the Regina Leader-Post today.

I'm going to celebrate now, before the awards are actually handed out, and while I am still able to convince myself it doesn't matter to me whether my book wins or not.

7 comments:

  1. Well deserved. In the Leader-Post article you say you've been really lucky but I wouldn't say luck had anything to do with it--you are passionate about the subjects you write about and it shows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Trevor. Well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations.

    I think the nominations add an exclamation point to the tremendous achievement of the book.

    It should be noted however that your interest, passion and caring for the world in which we live is readily apparent in everything you do.....of which writing is only one facet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Trevor! Great to see this book and the place of which it speaks getting the attention it deserves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Trevor. One nomination is an honour, two is truly tremendous. Well deserved. I am so thankful for all you taught me. Sincerely, Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  6. or was that three? Impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...terrific...just terrific...

    ReplyDelete

Share this post

Get widget