Saturday, March 3, 2012

Writer in Residence Experience--on video


Crocuses have been up for two weeks here. . . .

The local cable company here in Campbell River (I still have five weeks of my winter Writer-in-Residence time here remaining before we return home to Saskatchewan) has produced a couple of segments I thought I would post here.

This first one is a short piece on the Writer-in-Residence program and my time here this winter. Some shots of the property and the river, and I get to talk a bit about the Haig-Brown legacy--which will also be the topic of a lecture I am presenting for Earth Hour on March 31 (here is some information on that event.)



The second video is a half hour show on the community channel talking about the Words on the Water Writers Festival here in Campbell River on March 23 and 24. Co-founder Trevor McMonagle and I talk about the festival, the writers who are coming, and about books and the rapidly changing landscape of publishing.



Here is a shot of the rainforest above Elk Falls, in the provincial park just west of Campbell River.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share this post

Get widget